I think Pencil.Gaming deserves an update, because it's been going very well. The library works on Linux (both x86-64 and x84), Windows (x86-64 and x86) and Mac OS X, without any problems. The only thing I can do now really, is just adding some utilities (I've currently got utilities for audio loading, image loading and swapping the full-screen-y-ness of the window). I really want a model-loading utility (just .obj is fine), to make your life just that little bit less frustrating.
I've also added a post-build event which decompiles the project into CIL, replaces "callvirt (delegate function)" with "call (delegate function)" and compiles it again, resulting in a performance gain of up to 10%.
I think the project is already stable enough for a first beta version, if that was the way I wanted to go. I think I'll go for a rolling-release model, so I won't have to worry about versioning. And if that's the way I decide to go, then it's pretty much ready for use in pretty big projects! It's definitely stable enough to use in my next ludum dare project...
I will start working on a GLFW3 version as soon as I figure out how CMake works, since currently I've only managed to build a static library for it, which is quite obviously not what I want.
If do find any issues in the project, be it a mistake in the API, or an unstability on a particular platform, please tell me in the github repository (under the "Issues" section).
Stay tuned if you're interested!